As soon as I saw this pattern, I knew I wanted to add it to my collection.
Of course, the weather was still a bit cold for a summer dress. So I planned to make a modified version using the bodice pieces and some wool yardage. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately!) the weather turned, and all I had accomplished was a mock up of the bodice. So there was a change of plans.
This pattern is drafted with multiple views - one is an off-the-shoulder design and the second includes sleeves and a yoke, but the bodice pieces remain the same. The thing is, a strapless or off-the-shoulder dress bodice should be treated differently than one with sleeves that hang from the shoulders.
I ended up using the sleeves from the yoked version, and eliminated the yoke pieces. A covered length of elastic keeps the sleeves in place. The strapless version includes instruction for ¼” elastic, but I substituted ¾” elastic and ended up shortening the elastic guide provided by approximately 1.5”.
I also added a few pieces of boning. I suppose I could have fused some interfacing to all of the bodice pieces (this is mentioned in the directions), but that would make the dress rather stiff. Instead, the boning keeps the back bodice from collapsing. The neckline was also stayed with a length of seam binding.