Since these patterns do not include seam allowances, I decided to go for it and try out Susan Khalje’s couture method and thread traced the stitching lines, leaving lots of excess seam allowances to play with.
The next step was to combine the two bodices from the two separate designs.
After matching the waistline of both, I traced off and marked the differences. The darts matched up very well, which was a good sign!
The massive skirt pieces posed a different challenge. Those tiny little pattern pieces ended up creating a full skirt that ends about knee length. Extending straight lines is not a problem, but they do not include the pleats. That is fine, except the only image I have to work with is a stylized drawing, so I am not very clear on that part of the process!