Somewhere in the middle of cutting out my skirt pieces, I decided that it might be possible to make a matching top from the limited amount of leftover yardage and scraps. But it was going to be a really, really creative cutting layout. And no second chances on this one.
I loved the fit of Vogue 4203 so I borrowed the bodice muslin pieces for this project. After narrowing the fabric intake on the darts to make it less fitted, I put the bodice and sleeves together to see if I liked the combination. It works!
So there has been more hand basting around these parts.
This will not really be a crop top, since my midriff will be covered with the wide skirt waistband, but I am excited about a slightly different silhouette to add to my wardrobe.
My first thought was that I wanted a three-quarter length sleeve, but there was no way to squeeze two of them out of the wool. And who knows, I may end up liking this even more than my original idea.