These days the majority of my sewing involves underlining - I cannot seem to escape it!
My latest Britex project has me working with this incredible linen blend. Because the fabric is a very loose weave and rather sheer, it would be rather scandalous to leave out a lining of some kind on a fitted dress. I decided an underlining would be my best bet and found a very suitable linen/rayon blend.
The fabric is highly textured and on the thick side for a Parfait, but the delicate pinky-rose color was just too perfect for the design to pass up. And very suitable for Spring!
I decided to omit the pockets and install a basic strap instead of dealing with the multiple layers involved with the original buttoned up design, cute though it may be.
The only fit issue I had on my wearable muslin was that the side front bodice edges want to stick out. I am not sure if I stretched the bias during construction, but to be safe, this time around I stay-stitched the seam using seam binding as a stay tape. After working with the bodice more, I decided to also stay the center front diagonal style lines as well.
So I have been busy in the sewing room!