Saturday, March 7, 2015

Something Simple

In desperate need of a quick and easy project after this dress and this outfit, I pulled out McCalls 7053.


And I had the perfect fabric for a wearable muslin - just over two yards of a striped fabric I picked up during a fabric swap.


No underlining, closures, or alterations to contend with.


Of course, I ended up hand rolling the hem of the front ties, and binding the raw edges with seam binding, so perhaps this was not the quickest project in the world, but still a whole lot less labor intensive than my last!  Which was exactly what I needed!

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking at this blouse, but didn't notice the unusual design from the cover. It's going up the list of possibles, the construction makes a simple top much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete