For this waistband I tried something a bit different.
Since I already had hair canvas out for the jacket, I cut a piece the width of the finished waistband and applied it to a strip of organza.
That was then basted to the waistband.
A set of permanent stitches keep the organza in place at the fold line.
The inner edge was then pressed under.
Next, the waistband was pinned to the skirt.
And hand basted into place.
Two lengths of ribbon were stitched to both side seams. Then the only thing left was to fold and hand stitch the waistband in place.
I am going to leave the hem alone until the jacket is finished and I can figure out proportions. But this piece is finished for now!