I finally completed that sweater I mentioned last month!
Of course, it took a while to decide what I was going to do about all the ribbon required by the design. And yes, it really is necessary! After sewing my front, back, and sleeve pieces together, I tried the sweater on and had a bit of a moment. Yikes, that neck opening was big. Thankfully, a length of ribbon threaded through the eyelet pattern pulls in all that extra width. I guess they did that on purpose!
I ended up using some narrow satin ribbon in a lavender colorway. I have an entire shoe box full of old Spool o' Ribbon in many colors from JoAnn Fabrics. They seem to have stopped carrying the product, but it sure does come in handy having some extra spools stocked away. And the good news is that I can always swap in another ribbon if I find something I like better.
Once again, I managed to make myself a sweater that does not really match anything in the closet.
Okay, that is not completely true, but it was a great excuse to make another easy to wear skirt with Simplicity 4044 (the fabric of which was leftover from this dress).
I was unsure if I was going to have enough yardage and then remembered just how long this skirt is drafted. I cut four inches off the pattern piece and it could even stand another inch.
This is now my third version of the skirt. Yes, I already have a blue rayon jacquard version, but it gets so much wear that I had to make myself another for fear the original will wear out one of these days!
Skirt: Made by me, Simplicity 4044
Shoes: Poetic License