Since I have had so much fun beading recently, I thought I would start another project. My velvet dress was not labor intensive enough for me, so I added beading to the mix!
For this belt, I decided on simple linear rows of beads. All the preparation needed was a few rows of lengthwise basting to keep things on track.
These beads have been living in my beading box for an eternity - I believe they originally came from a garage sale lot that my mom picked up. Pink is one of my favorite colors, but for beading projects, I usually gravitate toward purples and blues. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to use pink!
To help tie in the fabric for my velvet dress, I added a flower (which also covers the closure). First, I penciled the design on paper.
Two flowers were cut out of paper, one of which was trimmed down. This process was repeated until I had four different sizes. This templates were then used to trace on scraps of velvet.
A bit of Fray Check was dabbed along the edges and the pieces were layered one on top of the other.
To finish things off, I added a few beads at the center before attaching the flower to my new belt.