I had a plan. The leftover Asher print that Peter sent me a couple of years ago was going to make a fabulous dress for Male Pattern Boldness Day.
But time was running out, and I did not want to rush the dress and make a stupid mistake with no extra fabric available if the unthinkable happened.
So out came this cotton voile and the Anna Dress pattern. At least I knew what to do with this one!
I originally meant to make this more of a tea length garment, but what I cut turned out to be more ankle length. Those ridiculously long skirt pattern pieces always throw me off!
I rather like the end result, so I decided not to cut off the excess.
I made a self-fabric belt, but changed things up a bit by adding a wide grosgrain ribbon as a belt for my second wearing of the dress. This breaks up the busy print better.
And now I have another comfy cotton dress perfectly suited to summer weather.
Dress: Made by me, By Hand London's Anna Dress
Shoes: Nine West