Every once in a while, I need a quick project – instant gratification, if you will - and Simplicity 1692 seemed like the perfect pattern. I have been curious about this one for a while now, and just needed a suitable fabric.
My rayon challis remnants were intended to make up Vogue 1207 - there was just no way to squeeze all the pieces in. But I did not put it away – probably to torture myself. It has been sitting in the sewing room, mocking me. I love the dress that I made with this print, and was determined to get one more garment out of the leftovers.
The back bodice had to be cut in two to make everything fit, but I did it! This eliminates the need for the facing, which I rather like. Because I was feeling lazy, I skipped the shoulder pads - the blouse works without them, although I will probably add them to the next one.
The only other alteration I made was swapping out machine buttonholes for fabric loops on the cuffs.
There are so many remnant projects where I expect to find everything I need in my sewing room. This RARELY happens, even with drawers full of notions. There is always a zipper, or matching thread that needs to be purchased.
But not this time! So I am going to pretend this blouse was free - whoo-hoo!
This pattern is sure to get lots of love in the future. There may even be another version made from remnants of this dress – I think I need a red blouse in my closet!
Blouse: Made by me, Simplicity 1692
Skirt: Made by me, Beignet
Shoes: Nine West
Earrings: Kate Spade