Last year, I did not end up painting my nails (horrors!!) because I was applying flowers and beads to my gown the day of the gala event. Way to wait till the last minute, right?!
Well, I need a few items before I can cut into my fabulous fabric and start construction of my new project, so I thought I might as well get started on those embellishments!
Out comes the silk dupioni and my favorite leaf pattern.
To make myself a template, I used an old cereal box. The cardboard is the perfect weight, not too thick and not too thin, and free!
I decided to go with a couple of different sizes this time around for variation.
If I end up not finding a place for them on this gown, they will certainly be of use in the future! But the green matches back beautifully with the contrasting color in the jacquard, so I really hope I can find a use for them!
I know that I want to make some beaded flowers, but as I have never actually made a beaded flower, we shall see how that goes.
But perhaps I should focus on the actual dress at this point . . . Eve’s fig leaves are not going to cut it all by themselves!